Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy 4th of July!

I know this post is a few days late, but better late than never!  I had an awesome 4th of July and I hope everyone else did too.  I'm incredibly grateful for the blessing of this great country and the freedoms we are able to enjoy.  I'm grateful to be able to worship Almighty God in a beautiful church building each week.  I feel guilty that I take this blessing for granted sometimes.  I appreciate the sacrifices of those past and present that have allowed me to be where I am today- even just for the feeling of safety each night as I put my son to bed.  Thank you!
I started that day off with a little 10K:-)  I decided the day before to run the Freedom Run down in Provo.  I thought I'd just do it by myself and I did, but I ended up seeing one of my really good friends, Aubrey, when it was over.
  
I also found out that some of my other friends had done it- I just didn't see them!  Anyway- I accomplished the two goals I had set for myself- 1. Don't ever stop to walk and 2.  Don't come in last.  I was actually pretty proud of my time.
I was so happy to see my favorite guys there at the end.  My hubby, my son and my daddy!

Every year JC's grammy and great aunts have a 4th of July picnic- so we went to that in the afternoon.
This is one of JC's distant cousins, but she is so cute- she is such a sweetheart!  You would never guess in a million years that not only does she play the bagpipes, but she is amazing at it!!!
That night we had a big party at our house!!!  It was so much fun having everyone over.  JC's family came over as well as my aunt and uncle. 
 
We are in the process of getting a back yard put in- don't mind all the dirt in the back ground:-)

Then we went up behind my house to watch the fireworks show!

Happy 4th!!!!


5 comments:

Torrey said...

Way to go Beth. You look smokin' in those pictures. My goal was do do a 10 K by the end of summer and I am not doing very well at that goal :( I am so proud of you. Let's play soon.

Melissa Hodgen said...

I didn't know your ran. Impressive. Congrats on multi tasking and completing two goals at once.
Bagpipes on the 4th, ohh, I'm getting chill bumps just thinking about it.
Happy 4th!

noelle said...

you're awesome! fabulous job on finishing the 10K. great post. your family is adorable.

Unknown said...

Beth!!! Awesome job at running the 10k! VERY IMPRESSIVE. oh, and what fun times it looks like you guys are having!! We miss you! When, oh when will we see you again??xoxo

Kelly Evanson said...

good job on the 10k. i need to start running again. cute 4th of july pix's.