Thursday, May 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


JC and I have been married four years now!  It's hard to believe it's been that long sometimes and other times it seems like it's been a lot longer than four years- in a good  way:-)  I mean at this point I feel like I have known JC my entire life.  It's hard to remember my life before him, but I do know and can honestly say- life is much better with him than without him.  
JC and I have been apart as much as we've been together and although I thought I wasn't strong enough to handle either deployment, I realize that I had underestimated myself.  I know Heavenly Father knew I could handle it but I didn't know I could until JC finally came home both times.  I felt like I could finally breathe again after holding my breath for eight months straight.  I don't know what it's like to run a marathon, but I can only imagine that it would feel the same way to me- like I would never make it to the end.   I know our marriage is stronger for the experiences we've endured together and I can only be grateful for the opportunities I'm provided to become a stronger and better person.  
JC and I didn't meet by accident.  When I look back at how we met- there was something that brought us together and I know that for a fact.  Everything just came together way too perfectly.  
He is the most amazing man I've ever met and the best father and husband in the world.  

Speaking of JC being gone- he is gone today on our anniversary, but that's ok.  We celebrated Tuesday by going to the Keane concert and spending the night up in Park City.  We were just 7 rows back from the stage- it was awesome!!!  We had so much fun:-)

 
We had a very nice surprise that night.  We knew we were going to see Keane, but we had no idea who was opening up for him, until we got there.  We were so excited when we found out it was Mat Kearney.  He is one of my most favorite singers.  (Ps- he has a new album coming out in a few days).
Thanks for watching Tucker Gimi:-)  

5 comments:

Lane, Mer and Ian said...

That is awesome, guys. Congratulations, I can't believe it has been four years either!

Melissa Hodgen said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you've had a wonderful couple of years with many more to come! I love looking back and seeing how Heavenly Father helped put things in motion.

Ammon and Becky Sullivan said...

Congrats you two! It seems like just yesterday we were out there getting yall hitched!

Tara said...

Happy anniversary! Wow you guys are getting old.

noelle said...

happy anniversary! jc is a lucky, lucky guy. you two are adorable.