Tuesday, March 3, 2009

February Highlights

Ok- so I know I haven't gone private like I said I was going to, but eventually I will get around to it. It probably won't be for a while though. I'm just going to hang on to everyone's email address until that time comes.
February came and I don't know where it went or what happened:-) My brother Matt was here visiting for the first week or so and we had a lot of fun while he was here. Tucker loved having his uncle around to hang out with him.
I went with some friends to the Katy Perry concert earlier in the month and had a blast. My friend Becky invited me to go with her and I just have to say how much I love my friend Becky. She is so much fun!!!


Tucker started classes at a place called Little Gym. My sister kept telling me about this "Little Gym" place where she would take her son, Ethan, each week and I finally gave in and checked it out. I was smart and signed up for a later class so JC could go too. We LOVED it!!! Tucker has so much fun and he loves his teacher. She is really good with the kids and works hard with each of the little ones to help develop different developmental skills.
Oh- never mind the ghetto diaper hanging out of my son's pants:-)

Later in February- JC's mom got all of us tickets to attend the open house of the Draper temple. The beauty of each temple is so unique in it's own right, but the feeling is the same whenever I enter a temple. I'm always in awe, every temple I've been in is so breathtaking. It amazes me though that I can personally tell a distinct difference between entering a temple that hasn't been dedicated yet and one that has already been dedicated by a prophet who has been called by the Lord. I've been to other open houses and it is the same thing. It's easy for me to get caught up in the decor, but nothing compares to the beauty of the spirit that takes you away from the trials of the world whenever I'm blessed to do temple work.
It would be so nice to go anywhere and feel that same peacefulness but it's pretty close to impossible. I know that's why it is so important to make your home a temple because we all need that peace and spirit in our lives- especially in these difficult times.



I hope everyone had a good February!!!

Oh, and I forgot to add that JC's cousin Mark and his family came over for dinner one night. Tucker loves his little cousin Teddy!!

6 comments:

Leslie said...

you guys always look like you are having so much fun! Hey- will you email me so I can add you to my blog list? Oh yea, I'm having a contest for my photography for a free photo session, so you had better enter so we can get some more cute pictures :)
lesliemccleeryphotography.blogspot.com

Melissa Hodgen said...

Feb sounds like it went pretty well for you guys. We love the Little Gym. They do the best birthday parties. The temple is gorgeous! What a good experience. We're lucky to have a temple 15 minutes away too. I love how each Utah temple is unique. Can't wait to see what March brings for your adorable family. Don't you have a birthday coming up soon?

noelle said...

i love when you update your blog - it's just not often enough. :(

but it sounds like you guys are having fun! i love temple dedications and open houses. they just re-dedicated the mexico city temple in november. it's easy to take temple attendance for granted until you are no longer close to one, and then you realize how much you crave it. love ya.

Torrey said...

You guys are so fun. I loved seeing you guys last night and was thrilled that Tucker was awake. Love ya. Let's play again soon.

Tara said...

He is just getting cuter, you better put me on when you go private. Looks like Feb. was an eventful one. Miss you.

Jessica Davis said...

Yay for Tucker and Teddy!!!

That was so fun.