Tuesday, February 3, 2009

January Highlights

1. Everyone from my side of the family (except my sister, Brett and Ethan) came out to stay with us for a week in January.  We had a house full but it was fun.  Michael and Autumn and their kids came out to go skiing and attend the Sundance film festival- so they actually ended up staying at Snowbird most of the time.  It was also my Dad's Birthday- so we had a couple of celebratory dinners for him:-)  Love you Dad!! 
 


2. I was able to go to a Cooking Class with my mother-in-law taught by the runner up of Top Chef last year.  Her name is Kelsey and she's adorable.  She's moving to New York with her hubby in a month so I'm glad I was able to get in on one of her classes!!  I had a lot of fun and we were able to get the recipes to some pretty deleesh stuff!!

3.  Once again the team I was going for in the Super Bowl won- so JC gets to plan Valentine's Day!! Thank you Stealers.  Although deep down- I was actually rooting for the Cardinals.  I think Kurt Warner is a great person and I usually go for the underdog.  

I know it's February now, but I just have to add another highlight- 
My little sister just had her second baby, Luke,  on February 3rd around 12:30pm.  He weighed 7lbs 9 ounces.  You can see pictures on her blog!!!!

5 comments:

noelle said...

your family is so cute. those nieces and nephews... how do say goodbye??!??

Tara said...

Tell Rae Congrats. Looks like you are loving the snow and the time away from it. hope you are doing well.

Okey's said...

I had met you a few times at BYU and I kept seeing your name on mutual friends blogs so I took the leap to see who Beth DAvis was and saw that I actually recognized you. This is so cheesy, but I just wanted to let you know that I am grateful for your husbands service and your sacrafice of having him gone (I looked back at old entries). You have an adorable little boy. Jana Okey

Kadyn Smith said...

sounds very fuuun! :)
I havn't talked to you for soooooo long :( you need to come visit!

Melissa Hodgen said...

It's a little odd to see the pics of all the snow with a swimming pool in the middle. I guess you've achieved balance in all things. Tell more about the cooking class. That's right up my ally.