Tuesday, March 24, 2009

So much to say. . . March part I.

March has been pretty busy so far and that's why I've decided to do an early post. I love this month!!! This time of year makes me so anxious for Spring/Summer to arrive. It was pretty warm here for a little while and then of course we went away for a week and came back to snowy weather- Yuck!!! I can't wait to get that Vitamin D back into my skin- I've been missing the sunshine and hate the pasty white skin I've been sporting around like it's no big deal!! It's ok though- the older I get, the more I don't care about a tan as much as I do wrinkles. Plus- being tan in Utah during the winter looks a little silly to me. I realize that now- I didn't while I was at BYU. Just one more thing I like to look back on and laugh:-)
First of all, my sweet sister in law, Kenzie, had her baby boy earlier this month and he is absolutely adorable. We are so happy for their darling little family!!! Welcome AJ!

Somehow Kenzie managed to have a baby and then two days later put together a birthday party for her little girl, Ashlen. Wonder Mom- seriously!

Speaking of another wonder mom- my incredible friend Mykelle had a birthday yesterday and I just have to say how much I love this girl.

She has been one of my bestest friends for almost 10 years and I absolutely adore her. I admire her in so many ways and I always know that I can count on her. She's almost my twin. Even though she was born in Utah and I was born in Georgia- our moms had each other almost on the same day. Earlier this month we had a play date with our kiddos and her sisters' kids as well. We had a great time hashing out the finale of the Bachelor:-)

Also- JC's best friend, Brett had a birthday March 15th and his wife invited us to go skiing with them at Sundance to celebrate! Any reason to go skiing and I'm there!!! Happy Birthday Brett!

One of my other closest friends had a birthday too. My roommate at BYU the last 2 years I was there, Torrey, had her birthday earlier this month and I just have to say Happy Birthday to her too!!! Love you Torrey!!!

And finally. . . .
JC and I were able to fly out to California to attend the baby blessing of my sister's baby boy, Luke. He is such a sweetheart! We love him so much and we were so happy to be able to spend time with Rae Lynn and her family. Tucker LOVED playing with his cousin, Ethan and that weekend he was able to spend time with the rest of his cousins on the McAlpin side as well. He was also very happy to see his grandma and "pop pop."

It just so happened that Michael and I had our birthdays around this same week, so my family decided to celebrate that Saturday. Thanks for the party fam! AND. . . Happy Birthday big brother:-)
While we were their, JC and I drove into San Francisco for a day and were able to visit Pier 39, Golden Gate Park as well as the Golden Gate bridge. I couldn't leave until we had a picture next to the bridge- of course:-)



I'm so happy that one of my closest friends from college was able to drive into the city and meet us at the park. I haven't seen Kati since our girl trip in southern California over a year ago. Anytime I'm in an area where I can see friends- I have to see them!!! I love my friends so much!!! Thanks for hanging out Kati!!! I just have to mention that this is another wonder mom- she has three little boys who are awesome! I have a hard time keeping up with Tucker- I don't know how she keeps up with all 3:-)

12 comments:

becky said...

oh kati looks great! it's been forever since i've seen her too. what a great month so far! looks like you are a busy woman.

Sara said...

Happy Birthday! Ben's also a March baby, it's a good month. Glad you guys are doing so well.

xoxo

noelle said...

happy birthday! tucker is growing too fast. adorable. so fun he got to hang with his cousin ethan. love it. love you.

Anonymous said...

Looks like tons of fun! Hope you had a great Birthday yesterday! we missed you! We want to get together soon to celebrate! luv ya!

Kristen said...

Are JC and Tucker lefties? All my girls are lefties!

Melissa Hodgen said...

You're right, March is the best month ever! It looks like you celebrated your birthday in style. I love that you and your sister have little blonde boys. All boys should have a little southern gentlemen in them.ly

Katianne said...

That was so much fun hanging out! I need to get copies of those cute pictures from you!

The Wilkes said...

So I've been waiting for you to do a post about your birthday so I could wish you a happy same-day birthday. Since you haven't, this is a really lame and belated Happy Birthday!!

Okey's said...

Of course you can look in at our blog anytime! I just don't update it as often as I should. Looks like you have had a fun month...thus far. Hope you don't mind if I look in on your blog every now and again:)

Torrey said...

Thanks Bethy Pie! I love you too. I had no idea you guys went to California. How fun. Let's do another apprentice night soon.

Kadyn Smith said...

awww hes so cute! I wanna meet him. Are you comming to visit this summer?

Melissa said...

What a month! Looks like you are packing in the fun as usual.
Tucker is getting so grown up. He is adorable.