Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Whatever....

I was going to explain in full detail exactly why I decided to run a half marathon without training but I won't. I know it's not a big deal to most of you out there because there are lots of people who run marathons and run them on a regular basis (like my little sis who does this and triathlons), but if you know me- you know that I am not an athlete and I am definitely not a runner. I run on a regular basis but not enough to train for a half marathon. I'm not competitive- I leave that to my husband, he's very athletic and very competitive. If you challenge him- he'll win, guaranteed.
So, I'll just say it was a glorious day for me when I ran across the finish line. For some reason I still had this nagging inner voice telling me I wasn't good enough to even try it but when someone tells me I can't do something or I'm not good enough, I try as hard as I can to do it anyway. Yes, I'm slow but I really don't care. The people who love me don't care either. I'm sure if I trained, I would have been faster. I was just tired of putting it off for reasons beyond my control. I really wished my husband could have been there, but he was training some guys for the Marine Corps at Camp Williams that morning. I was just so happy to see my dad, my mother in law and of course, by biggest fan- my baby boy:-)


4 comments:

CHRIS and JENNY. said...

congrats bethy. running a marathon is something that i could never attempt. I can't even run a mile! What an accomplishment. Awesome babe!!!!

Melissa said...

WHOA girl!!!! Congrats! That is awesome! I don't think I could run a mile so color me impressed. Very cool!

noelle said...

you are awesome, beth! half-marathon. without training. *applause* you're the cutest.

Kelly Evanson said...

you go girl!! what a great accomplishment!! that is awesome.