Monday, September 28, 2009

Guilty

"The tendency to focus on the insignificant at the expense of the profound happens not only to pilots, but to everyone. We are all at risk." President Dieter F. Uchtdorf

Yesterday, we had an amazing Relief Society Lesson given on the talk by President Dieter F. Uchtdorf back in April and Saturday night, I was able to watch the Women's Conference Broadcast. I had a chance to think about so many things in my life and while I can't fix all of them, I can make certain changes. Although I've cut back on blogging a lot, I still feel guilty when I do blog- especially after reading this quote by President Uchtdorf. Blogging is insignificant and while I focus on what I am going to post next, what is passing me by in other areas of my life?? Does blogging make me a better person? No. And I realize that I need to focus on things that make me better. Easier said than done, but I'm vowing to make a more conscientious effort. So- I will be cutting back on blog posts significantly and keep most of my thoughts to my journal. I still recommend LDS journal to everyone!!

Anyway- so here is our quick update from the past month.

Uncle Matt came to town and went with us to the Dinosaur museum!!!
Don't worry- I knew my purse was wide open.
Tucker got another hair cut! This time at "cookie cutters." He loved this place!!


And. . . I just love this picture of my T-man!
Double Date with Matt and Melodie. We played nine holes of golf on the most gorgeous day surrounded by the glorious mountains that I LOVE so much!! We had so much fun!!!

Tucker at his daddy's football game.


And. . . I love this picture too. He LOVES cars and trucks and trains so much and his favorite movie is "Cars." I thought it only fitting to get him these pajamas.

JC's aunt Cheryl stopped by to visit us and brought Tucker the cutest Halloween place mats. He opened them up and yelled "COOL!!" First time I've heard him say that in the right context.


And then, this past weekend, Tucker was invited to Bella's "Princess and Pirates" birthday party! He had so much fun and Bella was the perfect little Birthday Princess. Her sweetness matches her beauty:-)
Mykelle was the perfect Cinderella! What a cool mommy!!
Tucker was obsessed with the Pumpkins.



And. . I just love this picture of T.

Even though Tucker still loves his puzzles, they are getting to be a little too easy for him. So I mix all of the pieces to each puzzle together and then let him figure out where they all go. It keeps him busy for at least a few minutes:-)

1 comment:

Kelly Evanson said...

i love the short updates too! i could definitely put better use to my time too by doing things that make me a better person. thanks for that post. what a cute family and all of the fun you are having!!